Friday 26 October 2012

Lost In Space.... A Nail Post

Today's post is going to be yet another nails of the day! Recently I have become obsessed with painting my nails and nail art in general. I'm certainly not saying I'm good at it - but I certainly enjoy it!

This look was inspired by the hundreds of photos I'd seen on blogs, Pintrest and tumblr. I would have tried it earlier, but for school we have to wear more natural colour nail polishes. Next week is half term so I thought now would be a great time to try this out for myself.






To achieve this look I started off by painting all my nails with 2 coats of the black polish. 
I then used a cosmetic sponge, to sponge the pink, turquoise, silver and purple on my accent nails, in random splattering motions.
Finally I applied a glittery topcoat and a normal topcoat on every nail.

 The nail polishes I used were:

  • Wet and Wild - Rain Check
  • Wet and Wild - Kaleidoscope
  • Wet and Wild -Topcoat
  • 17 Mini- Baby Pink
  • 17 Mini - Black
  • 17 Mini - Silver
  • 17 Mini - Turquoise 


What do you think of my nails?
Have you tried this look before?

8 comments :

  1. Do you mind if I do this on my youtube channel and then say it was inspired by you? I'll link your blog and channel as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Love the accent nail, going to try and recreate this with Models Own Thunder&Lightening and see if it turns out as pretty as yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      I'm sure it will turn out better than mine did!!xx

      Delete
  3. Wow what a great nail look! Have you tried the marbleized nail look? Very similar and so fun! Check out my blog for all the deets xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Not yet, I'll go and have a look now!!

      Delete