Sunday 14 October 2012

Disappointing Products.... (Part 1)

I don't like to be negative about make up products and always try and find a way to use them up. However the products I'm going to be writing about today, I frankly expected more of.

Natural Collection Lipstick in Apple Blossom. I had heard lots of good reviews of this especially from paler girls like myself. I had expected this to be a lovely nude shade to wear to school everyday without being too over the top. This was £1.99 and is only available in Boots. This lipstick comes out a white colour on my lips and makes me look dead. It also clings to the dry patches on my lips therefore making them look worse than they are. I haven't found a use for this, as even applying a hot pink gloss has no effect.

MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 16 (Matt).  I bought this ages and ages and ages ago and I'm not quite sure why. I thought it would be a lovely pale creamy pink shadow to wear everyday - in the pan it looks just that! However when I swirl my finger in the pan it feels really chalky and if I use an eyeshadow brush it picks up minimal product. When I apply it to the lid and blend it out it disappears. There's genuinely no shadow on my lid. I know this was only £1 but I would love to find a use for it as I've hardly used it.

E.L.F Tone Correcting Concealer in Rosy Beige. I bought this a while ago and was the first concealer I ever bought. I was looking for a concealer for my under eye circles, I found this one and thought it would be just what I was looking for. When I first swatched this on my hand it looked a bit orange - however that was never a problem. This is because when I apply it, it blends out to nothing and is super low coverage - so useless as a concealer. This was £1.50 - so definitely not a whole pile of money wasted. I have been enjoying using this as an eyelid primer because I can't stand throwing brand new products away.

Have you tried any of these products?
What do you personally think of them?

26 comments :

  1. I have never tried any of these products, but i love these sort of posts, because, lets face it, there are definitely some products out there that are not winners !

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good then!!
      And me to - luckily I never find I have tooo many 'disappointing' products xx

      Delete
  2. If you're looking for a pretty pale pink eye colour try a cream eyeshadow, I love the MAC paintpots :) great post, I shall avoid these! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd love the MUA Pretty Pastels palette, that is full of creamy shades and has great colour pigmentation :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have a look - thanks for the recommendation!!xx

      Delete
  4. this post is quite interesting Becca. Thanks for sharing your link via twitter, your blog is lovely and you are gorgeous!!! I really liked your latest OOTD post. Hope you check and like my blog too! :)

    -MayT

    MayT Essentials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're welcome!
      Thanks so much lovely!!xx

      Delete
  5. Wow the eyeshadow looks like the perfect matte color! I really need to try MUA :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about MUA shade 16, it doesn't add much colour at all. I use it to blend out any harsh lines and it works really well for that x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh - that'ts a great idea :)xx
      Will give it a go!

      Delete
  7. love posts like this! its nice to see the good and bad stuff out there in the beauty world xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - they're my favourite post's to read xx

      Delete
  8. I love this post! Far too often you hear about good product, I want to know what doesn't work so I don't waste my money. thanks so much for sharing :D xxx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally disagree with you here, on the photo your lips look lovely in that colour, Do you have gloss on in that picture too?
    Its a shame you didn't like these products, I hate it when that happens!
    My latest post is a negative about lip balms that really disapointed me :(

    Thanks for sharing your blog link :)
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - no I don't!

      Yeah, that's the same with me!!
      Will have a look - thank you!!xx

      Delete
  10. such a shame they don't work, but a very informative post :) thanks for sharing

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie, EOS and more! it's worldwide too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!!
      Will go and check it out!! xx

      Delete
  11. That Natural Collection lipstick is one of my favourites! I find it goes on well (for me anyway) if I use a lip scrub, and then put lip balm on before applying it. Great post, love the idea of posting negative reviews because it would prevent me from spending far more money if people posted more like this lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thats disappointing.. I love natural collection lipstick but the ones i have are bright red and light pink :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha - I LOVE Natural Collection Pink Mallow, but I really dislike this one!xx

      Delete
  13. I have the same problem with Natural Collection! It makes my lips look in really bad condition when in reality (they're not perfect) they're fine! I actually use it to tone down some of my brighter pink lipsticks so they're suitable for work but I'd never use it on it's own! Nice to see someone who isn't afraid to be a little negative.

    hannah @ www.aprettymess.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh - that's a good idea!
      Especially for when I go to school!xx
      I was a bit worried about putting this up - but it seems to have got a great response already!xx

      Delete