Sunday 24 July 2016

This Week I... (#48)

Swam in the sea for the first time this year. Wow, what a scorcher it's been this week. Amazingly, despite being the definition of pale, I've not really sunburnt at all, go Becca! Swimming in the sea was so much fun, despite my boyfriend not bringing swimming shorts?? To the beach?? On the hottest day of the year?? (I should probably add here before anyone hastily jumps to the wrong conclusion, no, he didn't skinny dip in broad daylight, he just wore his normal clothes in the water).

Wandered around some ruins. My Dad and I ventured to what's left of an old royal castle, and it was actually a really nice afternoon. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not usually the heritage site type, but it was a really interesting experience, and it was nice to do something different. Also, the clotted cream ice cream we had afterwards was very much needed, and sooo delicious. 

Was forced into another bike ride. My boyfriend is a very avid cyclist, and it's fair to say I don't quite share his passion for it. I mean, I don't hate cycling, but there are many other ways I'd prefer to spend an afternoon. That being said, I had promised to go out with him, and so this week I finally did and enjoyed it marginally more than I expected.

Updated my blog design. I think I'm finally getting to a point where I'm totally happy with it, hooray. The only thing I'm stuck with is my header, what do you think? Does the new one look better than it did?

Had a spontaneous late-night Sprinkles. You know sometimes you just reaaaally fancy something, and you feel like you can't stop until you've had it? For some, it may be hard drugs, but for me this week, it was a white chocolate, strawberry and banana crepe. And, oh my did I enjoy it. If you haven't been to a Sprinkles before go!! Yes, you may leave feeling slightly full, sick and guilty about the state of your arteries/heart/teeth (or all of the above) but it is so worth it.

What have you done this week?
TWITTER - BLOGLOVIN 

11 comments :

  1. AH! I love the ocean! I'm so glad you went. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty fun week, I would love to go swimming in the sea but I'd have to travel pretty far to do so! The last picture has me now craving nutella pancakes, I overindulge on pancakes wayyyyy too often though! I don't remember seeing a previous header to this one, it looks fine to me though, the black & white works well together, maybe just add some more things to your sidebar to add further interest?

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • lifestyle & design blog • www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I really love the idea behind this post and your photos are gorgeous! Sounds like you had a really fun week and I'm drooling over those desserts now haha

    Pandora xo
    http://curiouslilpandora.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god those deserts looks amazing literally drooling right now! Sounds like your week was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fab time! Your new blog design is lovely and so is your header! Your photo has made me miss the beach so much too! xx

    Leanne
    http://www.latteleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a brill time. I've also updated my blog and feels great and refreshing. Love your header 😊

    Steph xx
    Lifestyle Blogger | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you've had such a great week! the pictures are lovely :)

    kayla | daintydweeb.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we could swim in the sea in Scotland! I've not done that in years <3

    Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete