Sunday 1 March 2015

My February

My favourite day last month was definitely the snow day! We very rarely have snow down this way, and so it's fair to say it made a nice change. We still had to go to sixth form, unfortunately, but we definitely made the most of it. I can't even count the number of snowball fights we had, and we won't mention the snowman that snapped the sink incident.... oops.

One show I watched a lot of in February was Misfits. it's odd, very odd, but I think I like it. Essentially it's about a group of teenagers doing community service, who gained superpowers from a storm. Nathan was the best thing about the show, and unfortunately he left after the second series, so it's fair to say I haven't watched it since. It's just not the same.

As many of you will already know I'm a florist. I usually do a 9 hour shift on a Saturday and that's it. However, this month we obviously had Valentine's Day, and it's fair to say we were a little busier than usual. I worked Friday afternoon, then went to a party, my usual 9 hour shift on the Saturday and then another 9 hours on the Sunday. It was manic. We had red roses here, there and everywhere. I've never made so many bouquets in the space of 48 hours.

Now, despite both of us hating the cheesyness of Valentine's Day, we did have a surprisingly cute evening, the boy and I. I mean, we didn't do anything overly exciting - we just chilled, but it was lovely nonetheless.

I visited the capital during February half term with my best friend, you can read all about that here. My highlight of the day was definitely discovering red velvet cupcakes,they;re incredible.

One evening in the half term Jacob, Ed and I went to a local Italian for dinner. We somehow ended up staying there for 3 hours?! But it was lovely.

My sister and I have started running again. And when I say that, what I really mean is we went out running once this month. I know it's not terrific, but it's a start. It was rather chilly, but it was nice.

We had a biology trip to the zoo last week and it was lovely to have a school day off campus. We had to endure some lectures in the morning, but the afternoon was for us to spend as we pleased. Jacob, Ed and I headed straight to the giraffes, and then spent the rest of the time in the playpark. it was empty, so we spent a couple of hours reliving our childhoods. I've since decided that I need one of those basket swings in my garden, as well as someone to push me on it.

How was your February?

TWITTER//BLOGLOVIN//INSTAGRAM//BLOG DESIGNS

7 comments :

  1. It sounds like you had a really lovely month. Best wishes for March! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely month! I can't even remember how I've spent mine, it's been a complete blur of work and trying to get to the gym but hoping March will bring more exciting things :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good month, well done for starting running again! I've been trying to work on my fitness a bit too but otherwise it's not been too fun with mock exams :( Lovely post!

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a lovely month! My February seemed to pass very quickly, but looking forward to the spring months now! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I loved Misfits! Though I have to agree Nathan was the best character and I felt the show didn't really manage without him. I didn't even watch the last series which is a shame :/ sounds like you had a good Feb anyway :)

    Cats In Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giraffes are my favourite animals! I love them so thats were I would be going first too - can't wait to see them in the zoo over summer :) Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw sounds like a great month! Misfits is awesome, but I hated when Nathan left too :( xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete