Monday 4 July 2016

Prom & Graduation 2016



Friday was my prom and graduation meaning I have finally, officially left sixth form. Hooray. The event itself was held at a hotel, where we had both the graduation ceremony, and the dinner and dance afterwards. It was so lovely to see my entire year group all dressed up, and to hear their plans for the future as they graduated. But, with this came the realisation that we're now all very small fish in a very big pond, and we've now got to go out into the 'real world' and do 'proper adult stuff'. 


I think my favourite part of prom by far is getting ready. This year I spent a good couple of days leisurely doing so; painting my nails, tanning, doing my hair, planning my makeup etc. What I didn't enjoy so much, was trying to find a dress. I ordered sooooo many potential dresses, and spent far too long at the Post Office returning them. Incidentally. the dress I ended up wearing was one I was adamant I was sending back. At the time I just really wasn't loving it, but when I showed it to other people they absolutely loved it. (Life tip; get a second, third and fourth opinion, always). 

Dress - Forever 21
Shoes - New Look
Bag - New Look

As for makeup, I kept it pretty standard. I didn't want anything too garish, so stuck with my usual everyday look. I didn't even wear lipstick in the end? I wanted to keep it looking natural, Purely because I just couldn't be bothered to retouch it for the entire rest of the evening, let's be honest here. This year, I curled my hair using a curling wand (can I just say for the first time ever) and I really liked how it turned out. My hair is naturally very curly, but curling it just made it look a lot neater and put together. I think it goes without saying that I had to make use of copious amounts of fake tan, as my natural skin tone is pretty much that of the dress, and I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb in in all our group photos. Luckily it went pretty smoothly, except for my feet, which were dodgy to say the least.

After prom, we all went to town and that was by far my highlight of the night. The entire club was pretty much full of our year group, and we had the best time ever. What I didn't enjoy so much was walking there. It took 30 minutes to walk from the hotel to town, and let's just say I've now got some of the meatiest blisters I've ever had. Lush. 

Anyway, enough of the rambling, I had a fab time at prom this year, and if you have the opportunity to attend one, definitely do. Finally, if you're interested, you can read about my year 11 prom experience here. 

TWITTER - BLOGLOVIN 

4 comments :

  1. Congratulations on graduating! I love your dress too - glad you decided to keep it after all <3

    Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so pretty and you look beautiful! I'm glad you had a wonderful time and congratulations!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete