Saturday 14 February 2015

How To Survive Sixth Form

Okay, so the title of this post might be a little ambiguous, as unfortunately there won't be any miracle tips in this post. I wish I had some to share with you, but I feel like I'm still yet to discover them. Don't get me wrong, sixth form is sooooooooo much better than lower school, and if it wasn't for the extortionate workload, it wouldn't be too bad.

- Only be there if you want to. And by this I don't mean skive. Move, change courses. There is nothing worse than studying subjects you don't enjoy with a group of people you don't particularly like.

- Get organised. Honestly. I know everyone always says that, but seriously. Get on top of all your work. Write down all your assignments and deadlines. Do things before they're due. Make sure your notes are neat - you might actually need to be able to read them.

- Surround yourself with people you like. If my friends weren't at sixth form with me, I don't know how I'd cope. They're all so great, and they make long, boring days so much better.

- Have fun. Yes, it's boring and stressful, but just make the most of it.

TWITTER//BLOGLOVIN//INSTAGRAM//BLOG DESIGNS

2 comments :

  1. I completely agree with the first point - so many people I know do sixth form because they don't know what else to do and end up hating it because it's so much commitment and you just won't do it if you don't want to! A brilliant bunch of tips, definitely helpful for anyone in year 11/going into sixth form next year!
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest advice to anyone would be to assess if you really need it. There are so many people I know who put up with it and got bad marks because they felt obliged to do it, even though what they wanted to pursue didn't need it. That's a whole year you could be spending working towards the job you want!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete