Thursday 7 November 2013

The Skincare Shake Up



Recently I've been obsessed with skincare which might shock some of you loyal readers, as I rarely mention anything to do with facial skincare. Also, if you had asked me 6 months ago whether I'd spend £18 on a toner, the answer would obviously have been a definite no. But, I appear to have had a complete change in heart, and skincare routine it seems. I haven't updated my entire routine, which no doubt will happen soon, but I thought I'd show you a couple of things I've picked up recently that I'm really liking at the moment.

I think it all started when I had a skin consultation with the lady on my local Origins counter. She told me exactly what I should be doing and suggested products tailored to my skin. I think the thing that really sold it to me, was the fact she didn't sell the products to me - if that makes any sense? I didn't feel at all pressured to buy anything, which I feel other sales people are definitely guilty of.

The Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner is a lovely fresh smelling product. I think the packaging was definitely the tipping point, I just think it looks so chic. I simply pour this onto a all of cotton wall and focus it on my t-zone. I've never really been a toner kinda gal, but I'm currently loving the extra step when I have the time.

Botanics is a range in Boots that I haven't heard too much about. I mean, the odd review here and there but nothing major, so I thought I'd have a look for myself. So when I spotted the Botanics Skin Calming Day Cream it seemed like a good product to try out first. It has such a simple clean scent and the fact it says it contains calming marshmallow, once again sold it to me. The packaging isn't anything to write home about, but for £4.49 I'm not going too grumble.

I haven't been using these products for very long but I thought I'd update you all about my sudden love for skincare.

What do you think of Origins?
Do you use a toner?

TWITTER//BLOGLOVIN//INSTAGRAM//BLOG DESIGNS

5 comments :

  1. I'm going to check out the Botanics range: it looks lovely!

    Sophie @ www.zensiesta.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know if you are still loving the origins toner after a couple of months of use, I'm so interested x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Boots Botanics range, very affordable but does the job well! Thank you for sharing - you've inspired me to update my skincare routine too! :) xx

    EmmaBelleFashion | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this toner as I love Origins zero oil face wash (there is a review on my blog!) I also agree that Boots botanics is affordable but good quality xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an Origins toner and I love it! I'll have to try the Zero Oil next x

    ReplyDelete