Thursday 25 July 2013

A Budget Beauty Haul





Today's post is going to be a first for me - a beauty haul! Except every item featured in this haul costs less than £4. All the items are predominately from Superdrug with 2 of the items bought from Boots.

I bought:

MUA Waterproof Mascara - £1
It's been so hot in England recently, but one thing I've found is that my eye makeup isn't staying put - especially my mascara. Panda eyes anyone? So I thought it'd be a good idea to try out a waterproof mascara, and as I've never used one before I thought I'd try a cheaper alternative out first, in case I don't like waterproof mascara.

Natural Collection Black Eyeliner - £1.99
I've heard quite a few people talk about this, and I've been looking for a new liquid liner for a while. This is from Natural Collection - Boots' own brand. I hope this works for me as it's so cheap and I don't mind having to keep repurchasing it!

MUA Clear Mascara - £1
I had my brows done today - post coming soon - and thought it'd be a good time to buy some new eyebrow products. I've bought this before and I really liked it. I find it's great for ensuring my eyebrows stay in place all day. 

Barry M Eyeliner Brush- £2.99
I was looking through my brushes earlier, and realised I don't have an angled eyeliner brush. So when I saw this on the shelves of Superdrug today, I definitely had to pick it up! I can't wait to try this, and if I get on well with it. I'll definitely be picking up a few more of Barry M's brushes.

Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream - £2.99
I've never tried a Barry M nail polish. There I said it. *gasp* Anyway, I saw this shade and absolutely fell in love with it. I already have a mint polish and a few navy shades, but nothing of this colour. I wonder how the formula compares to my favourite Nails Inc polishes? We'll have to wait and see!

MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 16 - £1
Again, this is for my brows. I've always used a pencil and then a clear gel. But I've been wanting to try a powder alternative for quite a while. Also, after I'd spotted the angled brush, I had to pick up a new powder to use with it. I'm not sure how this will look with my colouring and whether it'll look natural. But, if it looks ridiculous I can always use it as a normal eyeshadow.

L'Oreal Micellar Solution
I've heard so much about Bioderma and its many dupes, but I've personally never tried a micellar water. L'Oreals offering retails for around £4 but it was slightly reduced in Superdrug. Ideally, I'd love to use this to remove all my make up - eyes, face and lips, and I can't wait to try it out.

I hope you liked this little haul!
Have you tried any of these products?
What do you use on your brows?

12 comments :

  1. I have that nail polish! I love it, it's such a pretty colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L'Oreal Micellar Water! I still prefer Bioderma but this is the closest I'd find, and if I was out of Bioderma and not going to france any time soon (It's so expensive here!) then I would pick that up instead! I keep this at my mums house now for when I go home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to find out what you think of the Micellar Water! That barry m nail polish looks exactly like my fav blueberry amazing colour!
    Hannah :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'll definitely keep you updated!
      Yeah, how pretty!xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you do a review on the Micellar water because I keep meaning to try this and would love to hear what you think!

    Emily @ www.emulehparker.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried Collection's Extreme Felt Tip Liner? It's a liquid eyeliner and it's absolutely amazing! It doesn't budge all day, easy to apply and is only about 2.99. You should give it a go! x

    http://leblogmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the MUA brow kit which you can purchase in superdrug for £3.50

    xx Chloe
    chloe-logan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'll definitely have a look into that one!!xx

      Delete