Wednesday 8 May 2013

Lush Vanillary Solid Perfume Review......





Lush is a brand that we all know and love, and this perfume has certainly lived up to my expectations. I've had this tube of Vanillary for about a year, and it's never failed to impress. I've always loved the scent of vanilla, so naturally Vanillary was my first choice of all the fragrances!

The solid perfumes come in little tubes about the size of a film canister. The lid screws off, and you push the product up from underneath. Which is really clever as it means there is less packaging, however you have to be very careful pushing it back down, as it's quite soft. So I tend to just push it against the back of my hand.

The actual product is a thick solid butter with little bits in it. When applied to the skin, it melts to an oil.

To apply this I literally just rub it around on my wrists. It is quite oily to begin with, but once it's dried it's fine.  As for longevity, it doesn't have the best lasting power in the world, but is so convenient and light it doesn't matter if I have to carry it around with me.

So at £6.50 a tube, I think this product certainly is worth every penny. Especially considering how long I've had it and there's still loads left!

Have you tried this perfume before?
What do you think of Lush's products in general?

post signature

19 comments :

  1. This and Imogen rose are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I haven't smelt that one.
      Will definitely have to give it a sniff next time I'm in Lush! :Dxx

      Delete
  2. I'd really like to try this. It sounds as if it smells great and I've never tried a prefume in this form! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've changed the formula since it came out and I cant say I'm a happy bunny about it, I've got a tube from when it first went solid and one from the sale a week or so back and its just not nice :( boo to you lush! (also miss the old vanillary spray packaging </3 ). Vanillary layered with imogen rose is heavenly - a bit like the comforter bubble bar x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh :( I hadn't realised. What a pain!

      Oooooooh, will definitely have to give that a go - as I love the Comforter :Dxx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried their solid perfume, didn't know it even existed but as a whole I love lush products, especially their bath bombs!

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet to buy one of these but I love the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! The scents really lovely and sweet
    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I will definitely have a look at these, my last 'handbag' perfume leaked everywhere so atleast there is no danger of that! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I am a fellow Lush addict! hehe I've actually never tried their solid perfume but I'm going to now. I love their solid shampoo bars!

    I found your blog through the #bbunch bloghop, I’m excited to start following you :) My Blog: A Beautiful Twenty-Something Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm I love the smell of vanilla bean, this looks incredible.
    Love your blog layout by the way!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete