Wednesday 8 August 2012

Nail Tutorial: Ombre Nails...

















I have been loving the ombre trend recently, and when I saw blog posts on ombre nails I knew I had to try it myself!

The base colour I'm using is my Jack Will's Nail Polish in Blush, I featured it in this blog post.

Anyway, you will need:

  • A light coloured base polish 
  • A medium coloured polish
  • A darker polish
  • A sponge eye shadow applicator
  • Sellotape/nail art colour mixing tray
  • Topcoat
(This nail tutorial looks best if the 3 polishes are all in the same 'family' of colours. Eg, light blue, turquoise and navy blue)

  1. To start off with paint all your nails in the lightest shade, and wait until they're all dry.
  2. Either stick some sellotape to some paper or get your nail colour mixing tray ready
  3. Put a little - about a drop - of the medium nail colour onto the sellotape/nail tray
  4. Dab the eye shadow applicator, the ones you get free with eye shadow pallets are perfect, into the nail polish and sponge a little on the bottom half of your nail, nearest the tip- opposite to the cuticle. Wait for it to dry.
  5. Do the same as step 4, except use the darkest polish and sponge onto the very tip of the nail.
  6. Apply a topcoat, and voila - ombre nails!!


I used pink colours on m left hand and purple colours on my right. I have received lots of compliments on them and will definitely be doing these again!!

4 comments :

  1. I love it! I will definitely try it soon :)
    Have a nice day <3

    Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to do these a while ago and failed miserably, but your tutorial looks so much easier than my way. Definitely going to try it after reading this :))

    Thank you for the comment on my blog too, I've given you a follow!

    Terri xo littlegoldstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I tried it with the nail polish brush before I discovered this way, let me know how it goes.

      You're welcome, and thank you xx

      Delete